Privacy & Cookies
Privacy - Youth Employability Support (YES) Project
We are Voluntary Action Leicester. Our data protection registration number is Z9829723
This Privacy Notice sets out how the YES Project uses and protects any information that you, as a participant in the project, provide us with.
The YES Project is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and you can be assured that your personal information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
By taking part in the YES Project you consent that we may process your personal data. If you do not wish to provide this data, we may unable to provide you with the service.
The YES Project may change this policy from time to time by updating this Privacy Notice. We will notify you by email of any changes to the policy from time to time.
1. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Participant ID number and Customer Reference number
- Title, forename, surname
- Address, postcode, phone number, mobile number, email address
- Date of birth
- Gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation
- Employment status, whether claiming benefits, length of time out of work
- Highest education qualifications
- Household situation
- Offender or ex-offender
- Limiting long-term health condition, disability, work limiting health condition, disability
- Evidence of right to live and work in the UK, evidence of employment status
- Leaving date from the project
- Employment status on leaving the project
- Details of individual’s needs
- Details of individual’s progress
- Details of individual’s achievements
- Any additional information which is captured in the individual’s Participant File or logged on the YES Project database
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To evidence your eligibility for receiving free support
- To share your information between our partners who provide the varied support packages (our partners are listed below in section 5)
- To provide our funders (The Big Lottery and the European Social Fund) with details of who we support and the impact of our support along with other key stakeholders who adhere to our Data Sharing Agreement
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to offer additional support and to make you aware of upcoming opportunities
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
4. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked questions relating to sensitive data you can decide to select the ‘prefer not to say’ option
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties under any circumstances. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email [email protected] You may ask us to rectify your personal data. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
5. How long we will hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data until 31st September 2029.
6. Our partners
The YES Project is managed by Voluntary Action Leicester who are the lead organisation. Eight other agencies provide support to young people in the YES project, these are:
- Charnwood 20:20
- SEED Creativity Ltd
- The Prince’s Trust
- The Bridge (East Midlands)
- Soft Touch Arts Limited
- Bangladesh Youth & Cultural Shomiti
- Leicestershire Cares Limited
- Warwickshire College
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to: YES Project, Voluntary Action Leicester, 9 Newarke Street, Leicester LE1 5SN or email [email protected]
If you have any complaint which we cannot resolve, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find out more at the following contact point:
Helpline: 0303 123 1113, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.Back to top